*Registration for the 2013 Indie Artist Showcase is now closed.
INDIE ARTIST SHOWCASE is designed to provide indie and emerging artists an expanded opportunity to appear and perform at ALIVE Festival. Indie Artist Showcase is a ticket sales incentive program that accommodates any Christian independent artists. Participating artists will be provided a 30-minute performance slot if event ticket sales plateaus are reached. In addition to an opportunity to perform on the Main Street Stage, participating artists will have a chance to win prizes and advanced opportunities, as well as a critique by judges in an “American Idol” type showcase format.
Alive Festival has always believed in supporting and encouraging the emerging artist. Some of the goals of the Indie Artist Showcase are to: (1) encourage artists to improve their music presentation by providing them a platform to appear in a professional and large performance setting and context, (2) facilitate a better understanding of how their music ministry can grow and be more effective, and (3) expose them to the multitude of performances taking place at the Festival.
1. To enter the program and register as a participating performer, you can download the PDF Registration Form. Registrants should be aware of the registration and ticket sales requirements explained below and understand that if the minimum ticket sales threshold is not reached, a performance slot is not guaranteed.
2. There is no audition process, but each artist is required to electronically submit an MP3 of one song (WITH a lyric sheet), and a photo and bio to firstname.lastname@example.org Once these items are submitted to us, we will review each registration form. ALIVE Festival reserves the right to deny acceptance based on the music and content reviewed. Although some artists are more advanced in their abilities than others, all levels of musical accomplishment and styles are welcome to join the program. ALIVE Festival will send you a confirmation email letting you know that you have been accepted and registration is complete. (Please note you will not be charged the $50.00 registration fee until you have been accepted.) Every artist/band who meets the sales threshold will be allowed to perform IF fully accepted into the program.
3. Entry/Registration fees: Each participant is required to pay a $50.00 entry fee. Once accepted into the program, the registration fee is non-refundable for any reason, including applicant’s failure to meet the 20 ticket sales requirement.
4. Ticket sales requirements: To secure a performance slot, a registered artist must sell a minimum of 20 tickets. The following ticket types count toward the requirement: General Total Event, General One Day, General Weekend Wristband) These tickers can be sold to friends, family, fans, etc. Once the 20 ticket sales number is reached, the artist will be guaranteed a performance slot. (See complete explanation of the sales procedure and ticket credit qualifications below.)
5. Entry and cut-off dates – Registration begins November 21st. Performance slots are scheduled on a first come, first scheduled basis. The final date to apply is March 1st, 2013 (subject to availability). **Please note we will only confirm which day you are performing. Time slot will be determined at a later date.
6. Indie Artist Showcase participating artists are completely responsible for all expenses in getting to and from the festival and while at the event (travel cost, lodging, food, etc.).
Competing is not what Indie Artist Showcase is all about. However, ALIVE Festival does believe that incentives and goals provide motivation for improvement, and hopefully a sense of renewed dedication and commitment to the music and ministry in which artists are involved.
1. Indie Artist Stage Slot – Once the band/artist sells the minimum 20 tickets their performance slot is confirmed. (Time Slots will be determined at a later date)
2. Alive Festival 2014 Slot – The band that sells the most overall tickets through the Indie Artist Showcase will be guaranteed a performance slot at next years festival on a stage TBD. This includes One Day Tickets, Weekend Wristbands & Total Event Wristbands.
3. No Merchandise Fee – Bands/Artists that perform in ALIVE’s Indie Artist Showcase will be able to keep 100% of their merchandise sales at the event.
4. Booked for next year’s festival – The participant who receives the highest performance rating from the judges will receive several benefits:
Performers of Indie Artist Showcase must purchase tickets to the event. Registration fee does not include admission to the festival. It is important to remember that beyond the short amount of time participants will be involved in performing on site, they will have access to all festival programming for the entire performance day. Performers must purchase tickets to the event! Please click here for current ticket pricing!
1. Artists who are registered participants can begin selling fan tickets to the festival immediately after acceptance ONLY through the online ticketing service; ALIVE Festival will provide each band their own unique link after being accepted.
2. The credit for fan sales will be based only on the number of General Total Event, General One Day, & General Weekend with Camping (ages 13 and up) that are sold. Junior rate priced tickets (ages 6-12) are available, but are excluded from the count.
3. Fan ticket prices: Prices for fans will be based on the current prices that can be found at www.alive.org. Fans should order early to save!
4. Ordering online: When each band or artist registration is confirmed, ALIVE Festival will provide a special link that fans for each band must go through in order for their ticket purchase to count towards the 20 ticket requirement. It is CRITICAL that the participating artist promote the idea of buying tickets to their fans through the link we provide. Any fan that does not follow these steps will not have their purchase count toward the requirement. (*Please Note: Ticket’s purchased prior to the band/artist entering the showcase does not count, there is no backdating exceptions made. All tickets must be ordered through the band specific link in order for them to count towards the 20 ticket requirement.)
When ordering online the customer will receive a receipt for their purchase. The receipt is not the actual ticket. Actual wristbands or tickets will be mailed to the customer (not the participating artist). Before entering the festival, the customer is required to attach their admission wristband. (This includes performers)
5. Active sales periods – ALIVE’s Indie Artist Showcase tickets start October 22, 2012 and run through Monday May 20th, 2013. For those bands or artists who sign up after October 22, 2012, your tickets page will launch within 1-2 business days of being accepted.
1. Should a participating artist go through registration and begin the ticket sales process but then cancel, sales made up to that point will be fulfilled and honored. There are no refunds or exchanges made for any purchased tickets. Please do not sign up if you are unsure of your ability to be at ALIVE Festival 2013. (June 19-22, 2013)
2. Under no circumstance will an artist’s cancellation or failure to appear result in refunds to the ticket buying customer(s).
4. ALIVE Festival’s artist lineup and performance times are subject to change; check ALIVE.org for information and updates.
1. The date and time of performance will be coordinated through the ALIVE Festival Office, with priority and date given to the artists who commit to participating in the program the earliest and sell their minimum allotment of 20 Tickets. (General Total Event, General One Day, General Weekend Pass w/ Camping)
2. Performance slots: Sets on the Indie Artist Stage at ALIVE Festival will run 30 minutes. Each band will have a quick 15 – 20 minute load-in and sound check time allocation, immediately before the scheduled performance time. ALIVE’s Indie Artist Stage runs fromWednesday June 19 through Saturday June 22. (Slots are filled starting Saturday and working back to Wednesday. Slots are locked in once bands have fulfilled the 20 Ticket requirements.) **We will confirm the day of your performance once you’ve sold 20 tickets, but your time slot will be determined at a later date.
3. Each artist will be allowed one (free) vehicle-parking pass located near the Indie Artist Stage to unload gear. All other vehicles associated with the performer’s party will have to park in General One Day Parking. (Parking is FREE.)
4. Performers MUST play on the house drum kit (slight adjustments can be made during the sound check), must use the house amps (one bass, one regular) and house keys as provided; one 88-key, weighted keyboard. (Exceptions can be made depending on the request)
5. Monitors: the monitor system will be wedge/box monitors; there will not be time to connect in-ear monitors, regardless if the artist provides them.
6. Merch and check in: Artists will be allowed to sell their merch at the performance venue on one eight foot table during their performance and up until 4pm on the day of show. Artists will not be allowed to sell merch in any other location than the within the Indie Artist Stage. Artist must provide sales person(s) and provide change. Each band will be contacted by ALIVE Festival and be given instructions for on-site check-in. Bands will not be charged a merchandise fee and will be able to keep all profit from merchandise.
1. ALIVE’s Indie Artist Showcase performing artists will be listed in the event program and included in certain parts of the event’s advertised programming (ALIVE.org, Festival T-Shirt, Festival Programs).
2. Artist’s marketing: Participating artists should use all resources available to them to promote their involvement and appearance at ALIVE Festival. This would include presence on their website, INCLUDING the specific ticketing service link, website, phone number, distribution of flyers at any shows they do (and elsewhere), plus e-blasts and Twitter/Facebook advertising/announcement campaigns. All internet, viral and social networking marketing should always include the festival’s website and when possible, a direct link to ALIVE.org.
**Please note that any Facebook posts advertising your band’s ticket link on the ALIVE Festival Facebook page is prohibited. Failure to comply can lead to disqualification from the Indie Artist Showcase with no refund.
CAMPING: Camping is not included in our General One-Day Tickets. The only way you can camp at the Alive Festival Is by purchasing either a Total Event Wristband or a Weekend Wristband with Camping.
1. The Alive Festival reserves the right to make the final determination regarding the applicant’s style to verify they are applying.
2. If you feel you have additional questions, please call us at 330-966-0023 or via email at email@example.com.